Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Something New

As of this last weekend, I have gotten everything moved and settled and I can finally enjoy my new apartment. The funny thing is, I don't know what to do now! I work, yes, but not enough hours to keep me so busy that I don't have time for anything else. When I get home from work (I like the sound of that), I try to find something to do. If you didn't know already, let me tell you a little something from my past four years at school: having free time to do whatever I felt like was an extremely rare thing in college. I was always working or had school work to take care of. Now, I'm beginning to find myself bored! This is not a good thing. Fortunately, I have a few projects that I can work on!

Last summer, after going on an amazing vacation on a cruise to Mexico, Matt and I began a scrapbook of the trip. I was able to put together a few pages over the summer, but once school started, I never took it back out. Today was the first day since July that I was able to work on it. I have several pictures and pages that need to be made to finish the project, so that's one thing I can do!

Just recently, since graduating, I started making a "T-shirt quilt" out of my many USAO school T's. Making the move hindered progress, but now that I am settled, I have tons of time to begin again on this project.

Another something I look forward to beginning is cooking! Currently, my cooking skills go no farther than putting together Hamburger Helper or throwing a pizza in the oven. Hopefully I can pull together recipes and experiment in the kitchen. I'll need to learn this much-needed skill eventually, so why not start now when I don't have other kids or adults to feed!? :)

Lastly, there are always books I have yet to finish reading. Maybe a good reading every now and then wouldn't be so bad (ha ha).

That's all for now, until next time!

-Beki

No comments:

Post a Comment