Monday, May 2, 2011

A fun weekend with family.

This past weekend I had the privilege of going home (El Reno) to visit my family and spend some time with them. I always enjoy doing this because, since being at college, I haven't gotten a lot of time back home with them. When the time is available, I make sure to go and visit for a few days.

Sunday after church was my post-graduation party. Only so many were able to come graduation due to limited seating, so we had this party for family and friends to get together in honor of my graduation last week! It was a decent turn out. My grandma put together a pretty darn good buffet of sandwiches and other goodies to snack on--anything consisting of food that she puts together always turns out marvelous! She did a fantastic job on the cake too. I have a picture but no means of posting it yet. Basically what it was was the USAO school logo and it looked exactly like it! :) She's always done a great job of cake making.

The fun part, of course, was seeing what grad gifts I got. My cousins got me A LOT of new things for my apartment which I will soon be moving in to! Things such as a set of kitchen towels/oven mitt that have the coffee cafe design (my kitchen will be decorated with Cafe stuff!), a couple of wall hanging pictures, welcome mat, cookie sheet, mixing bowl with flipper and rubber spatula, an afghan with Psalm 93, and some other things! Getting all of this makes me soooo excited to be moving into my new place this coming weekend!

On a new note, last week was my first week out of school and I must say: I loved it! No worries of anything to do with school was nice. I've also begun a new project that might turn into a hobby. I have several school Ts--too many for my own good, probably--and decided to cut a lot of them up and make a USAO t-shirt quilt! I have never made a quilt before, but I have had some experience with regular sewing and I think I understand the general structure of making the quilt so, we'll see how it goes! This also gives me a lot more room in one of my dresser drawers.

I'm sleep tonight. We shall meet again another time soon. Take care until then, and God bless you. =]

-Beki

No comments:

Post a Comment