Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A block in the road...

Entering into the "real world" has its many ups, while also having some downs... I have begun experiencing those unexpected mishaps that just pop up when all is going great! And of course, this mishap involves spending money which was originally intended for other things, such as moving into the new apartment and buying things for it, of course. Oh well. Fortunately--and thank God--I have a little bit of extra money to afford the situation. So what happened, you ask? Well, my car is starting to give me problems. And this is expected due to the fact it has roughly 205,000 miles on it. (It's a '98 Honda...) It started when I was driving down the highway and noticed that my temperature gauge read higher than usual and also a little bit of smoke was coming out from the front end of the hood. Of course I pulled over to check it out. I noticed a huge splash of [something]--antifreeze I believe--made it's way all over the front end of the engine. After talking it over with a few people, I think it possibly overheated and the radiator cap popped loose, causing the antifreeze to spray everywhere. I added some water, then antifreeze/coolant eventually, and it seems to be okay for now. Also I have been having issues with the oil; my car is either burning it or leaking it, and I lose it faster than it should be. Basically, it is definitely time for a fine tune-up and I need to get it fixed. That just requires extra money... JOY.... (ha..ha..)

In light of the circumstance, God provides and I will be okay. I have the money needed to move into my apartment and buy groceries; I have gas money; and I also have the apartment coming my way with a very reasonable rent. This is just one situation that happens in life, and I must learn to be prepared for all possible happenings!

Take care and have a blessed day. Count your blessings!

-Beki

2 comments:

  1. I will be praying for your car situation!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen! You've got a great outlook because you serve a great God! Happy decorating!

    ReplyDelete