Sunday, May 15, 2011

This last week.

Hello again! I apologize for the lack of posts in the last week. I have not been around internet access all week due to moving, and moving into a place with no internet yet! However, I think that my roommate Nina and I will be looking into this and getting it fixed...soon. There's hardly much else to do around the new apartment, haha.

Speaking of the new apartment! YES! I am finally moved into my new place and, for the last week, I have been organizing and placing everything in its own spots. Saturday evening, with the help of my wonderful Matt, we finished unpacking; everything (in both my room and bathroom, and some of my kitchen stuff) is in place, and it is such a great feeling. After this weekend, anytime I am back "home," it will be time to start my hobbying and find things to do. That, I am definitely looking forward to!

This weekend I went down to Comanche with Matt to spend time with him and his family, and it's been super fun! We made it in time for lunch, then immediately got started on my car. (If you have not been following me recently, I have had car issues, one to include an oil leak which really needs to be fixed!) Matt's grandpa--who knows everything there is to know about cars, no exaggeration--, himself and his dad, all got to looking at my car's engine, trying to find where this "oil leak" has been coming from. The hypothesis is that it is NOT the rear main seal. If it was, that would involve taking apart the axles and the transmission, and then remove the engine, to simply replace the tiny seal at the back of the engine. And then of course, putting back the engine. That would have taken an entire week possibly. Believing it's a leak with something else, we added an oil solution that is supposed to seal any leaks. We'll see how this works.
On top of finding the leak, the men went ahead and changed out my brake pads. Then we took my car down to the car wash so that Papaw could clean up the engine--which had been extremely greasy for the past several months. He went ahead and gave the rest of the car a bath, too. Taking my car back to the house, he pulled out a mini carpet cleaner so that I could clean the stained floor mat and floorboard in the front seat. All this to say: my car looks fantastic and is on its way to recovery!! A side note: taking my car to a shop or dealership to attempt to fix the rear main seal would have cost me (literally) $1,500, estimated. Thank God for Matt and his dad and Papaw and their help!!

Seeing as this has been pretty long, and how Matt is also bugging me to get up so we can start a movie (haha), I'll let you move on to your next daily task. Thanks for stopping by! Not sure when I'll be back next. Take care until then! God bless.

-Beki

No comments:

Post a Comment