Thursday, April 28, 2011

Anticipation

I have been patiently waiting for next Friday, May 6th, to arrive. You ask, "What is so special about May 6th?" Well, let me tell you! That is (well, should be anyway..) the day that my roommate and I get to move into our new apartment! I am extremely thrilled. For the longest time I have been wanting a place to call my own, a place that I can set up to my liking and buy my own "stuff" for it, decorate it how I want. And that time has finally come! I just have to wait for the turn of a new month, the old renters to move out, and the tenants get it ready for the new renters--me! Fortunately, and praise God, that I only have to wait these couple of weeks rather than two to three months like the apartment manager had originally anticipated. Yep, that's what she said: It could be 1 to 3 months before anything opens. But voila! We had one almost instantly. A definite blessing, I must say.

One thing that I am definitely looking forward to is going out and buying the "stuff" which will make it mine! I've been able to set back some money for this so I will get to go and find a new bed set, curtains, bathroom decor, and so on. What girl doesn't like to go shopping and buy new things?! Sadly I can't, or shouldn't, go shop until after I can move in; otherwise I'll have even more stuff to move across town. It was a big enough load getting everything from school to my friend's house!

Every day I am looking forward to next week when Nina (my future roommate) and I can stop by the apartments to get our address and put our name on the electric bill (I guess not so fun--but it still makes it part of my new apartment, haha), and the official date when we get our keys to move in. It just can't get here soon enough! I'll let you know more as it comes!

Thanks for stopping by. Take care and God bless you!

-Beki

No comments:

Post a Comment