Monday, July 25, 2011

Time Flies...

My biggest apologies for not posting an update in about 7 or 8 weeks! My last post was about my moving in to my new apartment. Since then, I did get moved in and settled, and also left the world of the Internet--with the exception of using my phone. So.....I have not necessarily had immediate access to the Internet from my computer, making it a little harder to get online and update. I cannot say I didn't have any access because that would be false; I could take my computer and go the the library, or to the USAO campus and use their wi-fi. I just never got up and around to doing so. Sadly, my roommate and I still have not signed up to have Internet. Secretly--and only temporarily--I have access on my computer so I thought I'd stop by and let the world know how the life of this post-graduated lady is going!

For several weeks now I have been settled in to my apartment. It is extremely comfy and works great for my roommate and me. It is 2 bed/2 bath and doesn't cost much to keep cool in these days of extreme heat. For the first time in many, many years I have my own bedroom to keep my own stuff in and to hide away whenever I feel like it. That's nice. =) I have also had to create some cooking skills to feed myself, since in college I either had microwavable dorm food or went to the cafe to eat. That has also been entertaining but not a struggle; I am enjoying cooking some great-tasting dinners!

As far as building my life on my newly-acquired degree, I haven't quite started that yet... I know, I know, I need to begin a career and build up my life and be successful and..and..all these great things!! But I don't think I'm in a big hurry right now. I am finally able to enjoy the extra time of relaxing and having to find things to do! All through college I was constantly working on something, be it homework, Student Government, clubs and activities. Finally I just have to go to work, then come home and decide what I want to cook for dinner. I have a decent (and rather professional...) job that is paying me enough to keep me on my feet. I'm making it. =)

Recently, I have sent in my application to be a part of the Oklahoma City Symphonic Band. I am super thrilled about this new experience because I love playing my saxophone with other musicians. It would also just be weird to NOT be in a band for once, haha. The band consists of about 90 members and performs various concerts throughout the year. The levels of musical skill ranges from amateur to professional. I thought this would be a great experience for me and also good to help me stay up with playing. I'll let you know how that goes as the year progresses.

This is all for now. I cannot tell you when a next post will be because I am not sure how often I'll be online. But keep a lookout; I'll be back at some point. Until then, take care and God bless! And thanks for stopping by. =)

-Beki

No comments:

Post a Comment